Bacon Lime Sweet Potato Salad
- 1 pound bacon
- 4 large sweet potatoes cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 green onions, chopped
- handful of fresh clantro, roughly chopped
- dash of red pepper flakes
- dash of cayenne
- dash of cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lay the bacon flat on the sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the bacon is slightly crispy. Let cool then roughly chop.
- In a roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, toss the sweet potatoes and garlic in coconut oil and roast for about 30 minutes or until slightly browned.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Toss in green onions, cilantro, red pepper flakes, cayenne, cumin, and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Once sweet potatoes are finished cooking, toss them together with the dressing and bacon.
Reference: The Paleo Kitchen with a few changes from Jake
2016 11 03